Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Goals, dreams and aspirations

Since I'm sharing my journey with you, I figured I should let you know what my goals are in more detail. Of course the ultimate goal is to be healthy and happy. But I'm motivated by a little more than the fear that I won't live long enough to see my daughter grow up. You see, I really want another baby! My husband would agree I'm sure. I know that right now is not a good time after what we went through to have Olivia. I don't want there to be complications that I can have some control over so that's one of the big reasons I'm doing what I'm doing. So here's my first goal; lose 100 pounds and then have my blood pressure evaluated (one of those 24 hour monitor tests) to see if I can get rid of some of my medications and find out what the dr thinks about having another baby. If I get the go ahead, we will try to add to our family at that time. I'm not putting time limits on myself because I feel that will just set me up for failure and disappointment. My smaller goals are to lose 5 pounds at a time again with no specific time limit. So far I've reached that goal almost 5 times!
My second goal after having another baby is to lose at least another 100 pounds if not more. This will no doubt be very difficult but it will bring me closer to a "normal" weight for my height. My bmi is quite high right now and according to a healthy bmi score I'd need to weigh 130 pounds. I don't think I'll ever get to that but even below 200 pounds would be a great start.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to weigh myself yesterday because my scale doesn't work! We just bought it a few weeks ago but it's been faulty. It only worked two or three times and won't turn on now even though we just replaced the batteries. I think we need to email the company and get a replacement. It's too bad I bought the cheaper scale instead of the weight watchers model. It's also too bad I didn't keep the receipt or the packaging.
Today, Shawn had to walk home from work to pick up the car at Canadian Tire so on a whim, I decided to pack Olivia up into the stroller and walk to meet him. I wasn't sure if he'd have the car yet or not. It turned out we got as far as the mall (about 1 km away) and he was just leaving in the car. Luckily he saw us and stopped and we went to the dollar store and then drove home. Tonight's dinner was Low Fat Spaghetti Pie which turned out pretty well and fairly low calorie. We also had the Asian Island Crunch salad which is so yummy! I'm just resting before my strength training workout for the day. Then I have a bunch of crafts to work on for the table I'll have at the Spring Fest in 2 weeks. Thank you for all the supportive comments, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment